In general, a paediatric surgeon specializes in diagnosing, treating, and managing the surgical needs of children. As paediatrics is per se a vast field, hence, even the surgeons involved in treating these conditions offer different expertise.
What Is the Expertise of Paediatric Surgeons?
The Best Pediatrics Specialist hospital in Jaipur includes surgeons that hold specialization in different domains such as:
- Neonatal and Paediatric surgeon: A super-specialist surgeon who deals with congenital and other surgical diseases of newborn babies and children. This surgeon is specially trained to operate upon the delicate organs of the kids. They deal with thoracic, abdominal and genitourinary diseases.
- Paediatric neurosurgeon: A paediatric neurosurgeon treats conditions related to the brain and spine such as brain tumours, congenital brain problems, spinal cord tumours, congenital spinal cord problems, and so on.
- Paediatric ophthalmologist: A paediatric ophthalmologist treats conditions related to the eye such as farsightedness, nearsightedness, congenital eye problems, developmental problems in the eye, and so on.
- Paediatric orthopaedic surgeon: A paediatric orthopaedic surgeon treats conditions related to the spinal cord such as congenital abnormalities, traumatic injuries, bone deformities, and muscular issues.
- Paediatric ENT specialist: A paediatric ENT specialist treats conditions related to various disorders that involve the ear, nose, throat, head, and neck.
- Paediatric urologist: A paediatric urologist treats conditions related to a genital-urinary tract.
- Paediatric plastic surgeon: A paediatric plastic surgeon treats congenital deformities in children such as cleft lip or other paediatric deformities.
What Type of Special Training Do Paediatric Surgeons Undergo?
Similar to other surgeons, paediatric surgeons undergo extensive training at medical school. After training in general surgery, Paediatric surgeons also undergo residency training in paediatric surgery.
The other paediatricians can, however, complete a residency program and paediatrics and opt for fellowship in various paediatric subspecialties. The training for different subspecialties such as neurosurgery, Opthalmology, orthopaedics, ENT, urology, and plastic surgery involves expert training on the domain along with residency training.
This way, the Best Pediatric Surgery in Jaipur is done by paediatric surgeons holding years of experience and training in the domain.
What Treatments do Paediatric Surgeons Provide?
As mentioned above, a paediatric surgeon can diagnose, treat, and perform surgery for various conditions in children such as:
- Congenital abnormalities in children.
- Surgery for childhood abnormalities.
- Surgery for tumour.
- Surgery for traumatic injuries.
- Surgery for transplantation.
- Minimally invasive endoscopic procedures.
- General surgery for other conditions.
What Are the Types of Paediatric Surgeries?
Depending on the condition, a paediatric surgery can be major or minor. A major surgery includes surgeries of the head, chest, neck, and abdomen along with a slow recovery time such as surgery for brain tumours, malfunctions of the skull, heart, and spinal cord. On the other hand, minor surgery is performed as an outpatient procedure with a short recovery time. These include surgery for hernia, bone fracture, and so on.
Surya Hospital- Jaipur offer the highest level of care to children with expert paediatric surgeons that can deal with a variety of paediatric health problems. Our dedicated paediatric team takes care of children right from diagnosis to recovery. We make sure to leave no stone unturned to keep your child safe and healthy. You can know more about us here.