Pregnancy to Parenthood Programme
The transition from being pregnant to becoming a parent can be lovely and thrilling, but it can also be difficult and perplexing, especially for first-time parents. We at Surya Hospitals know how critical it is to give expectant parents the assistance and advice they need to have a safe and healthy pregnancy and a smooth transition into motherhood. We created a comprehensive pregnancy to parenthood curriculum to address all facets of prenatal care, labour, and postnatal care in order to address this issue.
What does Pregnancy to Parenthood Programme mean?
The Surya Hospitals Pregnancy to motherhood Programme is a systematic educational programme aimed at giving pregnant parents the knowledge, tools, and support they need to confidently manage the transition from pregnancy to motherhood. The training is intended to assist parents in making knowledgeable decisions about their health and the health of their unborn child. It covers all phases of pregnancy, childbirth, and postnatal care.
A group of skilled and knowledgeable healthcare experts, including obstetricians, gynaecologists, paediatricians, lactation consultants, and physiotherapists, deliver the training. All expectant parents who intend to give birth at Surya Hospitals can participate in the programme.
What are the Pregnancy to Parenthood Program’s advantages?
- Comprehensive Instruction: The programme includes instruction on nutrition, exercise, labour preparation, breastfeeding, new-born care, and other topics related to pregnancy, labour, and postnatal care. Care that is specifically matched to each person’s needs based on each expectant parent’s medical background, way of life, and choices.
- Access to professional advice: A team of knowledgeable and experienced healthcare experts who deliver the course are on hand to address any queries or worries that pregnant parents may have.
- Better results: The program’s goal is to encourage healthy pregnancies and lower the risk of difficulties during labour, delivery, and the postpartum period.
- Support for new parents: The initiative offers new parents the tools and assistance, including emotional and psychological support that they need to cope with the responsibilities of parenthood.
What is Included in the Pregnancy to Parenthood Programme?
Prenatal care, childbirth, and postnatal care are the three phases of the Pregnancy to Parenthood Programme. Here are the components of each stage:
- Pregnancy classes that cover techniques for relaxation, pain management, and preparation for labour.
- Ultrasounds and screening tests to track the development and growth of the infant.
- Education regarding the symptoms and signs of labour and when to see a doctor.
- Choices for managing pain, including natural remedies and medical procedures.
- Education about various delivery methods, including as caesarean section and vaginal delivery.
- Support for birth companions and partners.
- Preparing for emergencies and unforeseen circumstances during childbirth.
- Taking care of a new-born, including bathing, changing diapers, and providing comfort.
- Providing information on pelvic floor exercises, wound care, and emotional support as part of postpartum self-care education.
- Visits to an obstetrician or gynaecologist after delivery to check on the mother’s physical and mental well-being.
- Access to paediatricians, lactation consultants, and other healthcare specialists who can offer advice and assistance as required.