Surya Hospital’s cancer care facility deeply understands the specific problems and complications of gynaecological cancers. With a focus on gynaecological oncology, our facility provides comprehensive and compassionate care for women with gynaecological cancers. We are devoted to providing the highest level of care for women with gynaecological cancers by utilising a diverse team of experts and advanced treatment options.
Recognising Gynaecological Oncology:
Gynaecological oncology is a subspecialty of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of tumours of the female reproductive system. Ovarian, uterine (endometrial), cervical, vaginal, and vulvar cancers are examples of these cancers. Gynaecological oncologists are highly skilled doctors who collaborate with other medical professionals to give women with various types of cancer individualised care.
Comprehensive Care for Gynaecological Cancers:
Surya Hospitals provides comprehensive care for gynaecological cancers, with a wide range of services to match our patients’ individual needs. Our gynaecological oncology team includes skilled oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, pathologists, and other professionals. We work together to create personalised treatment programmes that take into account the precise type and stage of cancer, as well as the individual needs and preferences of each patient.
Services for Diagnosis:
The first stage in effective gynaecological cancer treatment is accurate diagnosis. Our Cancer Care Facility is outfitted with cutting-edge diagnostic technology for the detection and evaluation of gynaecological malignancies. These could include:
- Imaging: Ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and positron emission tomography (PET) scans are examples of imaging testing that are utilised to see the reproductive organs and identify any abnormalities
- Biopsy: A biopsy is the surgical removal of a tiny sample of tissue for laboratory investigation. It aids in determining whether a suspicious region is malignant and offers vital information about cancer’s nature and aggressiveness
- Molecular testing can provide valuable information about specific genetic alterations or markers that may influence treatment options and outcomes. It aids in the development of targeted medications and personalised treatment programmes
To design individualised treatment regimens for each patient, our gynaecological oncology team employs a comprehensive approach. Treatment options could include:
- Surgery: Surgery is an important part of the treatment of gynaecological malignancies. Our trained gynaecological oncology surgeons undertake a variety of treatments, including hysterectomy, oophorectomy (ovaries removal), and ovarian removal. To remove tumours and damaged tissues, lymph node dissections are used
- Radiation therapy: It employs high-energy beams to kill cancer cells and shrink tumours. It can be used alone or in conjunction with surgery and/or chemotherapy. Advanced approaches, including intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and brachytherapy, enable precision targeting while causing the least amount of damage to healthy tissues
- Chemotherapy: It is the use of strong medications to eradicate cancer cells throughout the body. It can be given before or after surgery, or it can be used as the primary treatment for advanced or recurrent gynaecological malignancies. Our medical oncologists customise chemotherapy regimens based on the kind of cancer and the unique characteristics of each patient
- Targeted therapy: It is the use of drugs that specifically target cancer cells while minimising side effects. These treatments have the potential to be especially beneficial for some forms of gynaecological malignancies, such as ovarian cancer
Our Cancer Care Facility offers complete supportive care services to meet our patients’ holistic needs. These could include:
- Management of Pain
- Options for fertility preservation
- Genetic testing and counselling
- Counselling and psychological help
- Nutritional advice
- Services for Rehabilitation
- Support groups and instructional programmes are available
Clinical Research and Trials:
Surya Hospitals is dedicated to promoting gynaecological cancer therapy through continual research and clinical trial involvement. Clinical trials give patients access to novel medicines and aid in the development of new therapeutics. As part of the process, we carefully assess each patient’s eligibility and discuss possible trial choices of our holistic therapy method.
Surya Hospitals Cancer Care Facility is committed to delivering comprehensive and compassionate care to women suffering from gynaecological cancers. Our skilled gynaecological oncology staff, cutting-edge treatment options, and patient-centred approach guarantee that every patient receives the best possible care. Your path to recovery and optimism begins right here.