Pediatric Intensive Care (PICU)
The Pediatric Intensive Care facility (PICU) is a highly specialized medical facility that provides advanced care to critically ill infants, children, and adolescents. The pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) is a critical component of the healthcare system that provides high-quality care for children who require continuous monitoring and specialised interventions. The facility is intended to manage severe medical illnesses and provide assistance to patients in life-threatening situations by the world class pediatrician in Mumbai.
The PICU is outfitted with cutting-edge facilities that are specifically tailored to meet the requirements of critically sick children. The unit is staffed by a dedicated team of healthcare experts who have been educated to give specialised care to patients of all ages, ranging from infants to adolescents. The PICU is outfitted with specialised beds, monitors, ventilators, and other cutting-edge medical technology. Furthermore, the unit is intended to be family-centered, with facilities for parents or guardians who want to stay close to their children.
The facility offers specially built beds for people with complicated medical needs. The beds also have advanced monitoring systems that monitor patients’ vital indicators such as heart rate, respiration rate, blood pressure, and oxygen saturation levels.
The PICU also features advanced ventilators that are used to help patients who need help breathing. The ventilators have advanced features like pressure support, synchronised breathing, and high-frequency oscillation to provide customised support for each patient’s specific demands. The unit also features specialised sensors that track patients’ oxygen levels, carbon dioxide levels, and other vital signs.
In addition to infusion pumps and specialised catheters, the PICU features specialised equipment for giving intravenous (IV) therapy. In addition, the centre has specialised equipment for dialysis and other forms of renal replacement therapy. Furthermore, the PICU features specialised technology for feeding patients who are unable to consume or digest food on their own. The unit features specialised formulations, feeding tubes, and pumps to provide patients with the nourishment they require.
What is Pediatrics?
- Pediatrics is a medical specialty concerned with the health and well-being of newborns, children, and adolescents from birth to the age of 18. Pediatricians are medical specialists that specialise in the care of children and are trained to provide a variety of healthcare services, including disease and injury prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Pediatrics encompasses many medical specialities, including cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, haematology, oncology, infectious diseases, neonatology, nephrology, pulmonology, rheumatology, and neurology. Pediatricians are also educated to give preventative treatment to children, such as routine check-ups, immunisations, and health education, in order to help them stay healthy and avoid disease.
- Pediatricians collaborate with children and families to guarantee their entire health and well-being. This comprises Monitoring their growth and development, managing any health concerns or issues that occur, and offering education and tools to assist families in making informed decisions about their child’s health are all responsibilities of the pediatrician.
- Pediatricians, in addition to providing medical care, play a vital role in advocacy and public health. They advocate for policies and programmes that enhance children’s health and well-being, such as nutrition programmes, childhood immunisation initiatives, and child safety measures.
- Pediatrics is a discipline that is always growing, with new research and medical advances coming all the time. As a result, pediatricians must stay current on the latest discoveries in their profession and constantly adjust their practises in order to deliver the best treatment to their patients.
Surya Hospitals are great option for anyone looking for pediatric care for their child. Here are some of the reasons:
- Surya Hospitals are specialised pediatric hospitals, which means that all medical personnel and staff are well trained in giving medical care to children. From simple check-ups to complicated surgeries, the hospitals provides comprehensive care for newborns, children, and adolescents.
- Surya Hospitals employs a staff of highly qualified pediatricians that are experts in their specialty. They are educated to provide each child with personalised treatment based on their specific needs and medical history.
- Surya Hospitals have state-of-the-art medical facilities and innovative technology, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). The hospitals are designed to handle difficult medical illnesses and crises, allowing patients to get a better degree of treatment.
- Surya Hospitals are meant to be family-centered, with facilities and amenities to assist parents and guardians who want to stay near to their children while they are in the hospital.
- Surya Hospitals offers high-quality medical care at reasonable prices, making it accessible to a broader range of families.
- Surya Hospitals are patient-centric, which means that patients’ needs and desires are constantly prioritised. The hospitals works hard to provide personalised care that is suited to each child’s individual needs and medical history.
Overall, Surya Hospitals are the best hospitals for pediatrics in Mumbai for anyone looking for pediatric care for their child. At a low price, the hospitals offers specialised pediatric treatment, competent pediatricians, advanced medical facilities, family-centered care, and comprehensive services.
MBBS, MD(PAED), DNB (PAED), FNB (PAED INTENSIVE CARE)
Consultant Pediatric Intensivist
Mon - Sat: 4 PM - 6 PM
M.D (Ped), D.M. (Neonatology), Fellowship in NIC (Australia & Canada), Fellowship in PIC (Canada)
Director - Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care Services
Mon to Sat : 10.30AM - 1.30PM 3.00PM - 4.00PM (By Appointment)
M.B.B.S. DNB (PEDIATRICS)
HOD & Senior Consultant Pediatrics
Mon to Sat : 10.30 am - 2.00pm .
MBBS, DCH (PEDIATRIC & NEONATOLOGY), Fellowship in Pediatric Intensive Care
Senior Consultant Pediatrics & Neonatology
Mon, Tue, Fri , Sat : 5 pm - 7 pm
MBBS, MD pediatrics, FNB pediatric intensive care,
Consultant – Pediatric Intensivist
MON-SAT 9 AM - 5 PM
MBBS, MD Pediatrics, Fellowship Pediatric Intensive Care
Consultant – Pediatric Intensivist
MBBS, DCH, Fellowship in Neonatology
Consultant Pediatrics & Neonatology
Mon to Sat : 5.00 pm to 7.00 pm Sun : 11.00 am to 2.00 pm
MBBS, MD (Pediatrics) Fellowship in Neonatology
Associate Consultant Pediatrics & Neonatology
MD, DM Neonatology (AIIMS, New Delhi)
Consultant - Neonatology & Pediatrics, Incharge NICU
Mon - Sat :- 10:00 Am to 03:00 Pm