Microbiology is a subfield of pathology that studies microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites. Our Microbiology facility is committed to delivering precise and comprehensive diagnostic services to aid in the identification and management of infectious diseases. We seek to provide quick and trustworthy results to aid in patient care by utilising a team of highly qualified microbiologists and cutting-edge laboratory facilities.
- Microbial Identification: We detect numerous bacteria that cause infectious diseases using advanced procedures and equipment. Bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites are all examples of pathogens and their accurate identification is critical for establishing the best treatment and putting infection control measures in place.
- Susceptibility Testing for Antimicrobials: We conduct susceptibility testing to determine the efficiency of various antibiotics against certain bacteria or fungi. This aids in the selection process. Individual patients will receive the most appropriate and focused antimicrobial medication.
- Blood Culture Examination: Blood cultures are required for the diagnosis of bloodstream infections. To discover and identify the causal organisms, our laboratory employs specialised medium and automated technologies, allowing for the quick beginning of appropriate antibiotic therapy.
- Urine and Body Fluid Analysis: We examine urine samples and other bodily fluids for the presence of germs including bacteria and fungi. This aids in the diagnosis of urinary tract infections, meningitis, peritonitis, and other bodily fluid diseases.
- Molecular Microbiology: To detect and identify microbes, our department applies modern molecular techniques. This comprises polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing for viral infections, antibiotic resistance genetic sequencing, and genotyping for outbreak investigations.
- Support for Infection Control: We work with healthcare facilities to help create and implement infection control measures. This involves monitoring multidrug-resistant organisms, keeping track of healthcare-associated illnesses, and advising on infection prevention methods.
Our microbiologists have significant experience in diagnosing and managing infectious diseases and we have modern laboratory facilities and cutting-edge technology to offer accurate and dependable results. We recognise the value of quick diagnosis and endeavour to deliver fast and actionable findings to guide patient care. To guarantee the highest levels of accuracy and reliability, we employ stringent quality control measures along with working together with healthcare practitioners to provide advice on infection control, antimicrobial stewardship, and outbreak management.
Surya Hospitals is committed to microbiology, assisting in the proper diagnosis and management of infectious disorders. To learn more about our microbiology services or to make an appointment, please contact us now. We are here to help you during your healthcare journey.