Biochemistry is a vital branch of pathology that focuses on the chemical processes and compounds found in living beings. Our Department of Biochemistry is committed to offering accurate and dependable diagnostic services by utilising cutting-edge technology and a qualified team of professionals. By analysing biochemical indicators in blood, urine, and other body fluids, we play an important role in the diagnosis, monitoring, and management of numerous diseases.
- Common Biochemical Analysis: To examine organ function, metabolic condition, and overall health, we run a wide range of common biochemical tests. These tests include, among other things, liver function tests, renal function testing, lipid profiles, blood glucose levels, and electrolyte analysis.
- Endocrine Function Testing: We assess the endocrine system’s function by testing hormone levels in the blood. This comprises thyroid function tests, adrenal function tests, reproductive hormones, and growth hormone testing, which aid in the diagnosis and management of hormonal diseases.
- Cardiac Biomarkers: We use specialised blood indicators to measure cardiac health and diagnose disorders including heart attacks, heart failure, and other cardiovascular diseases. Troponin, CK-MB, and BNP are examples of these markers.
- Tumour Markers: We look for certain proteins or chemicals in the blood that are linked to different forms of cancer. These tumour markers aid in cancer screening, diagnosis, treatment monitoring, and therapy response evaluation.
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring: It entails measuring drug levels in the blood in order to guarantee proper medication dose and efficacy. Therapeutic drug monitoring is especially critical for medications with a narrow therapeutic index or for those that necessitate individualised dosing.
- Specialised Testing: We provide a variety of specialised tests, such as genetic testing, metabolic screening, and toxicological analysis. These tests aid in the diagnosis of inherited metabolic problems, the identification of genetic anomalies, and the detection of toxins or substances of abuse.
Our biochemists and technicians are well-qualified and skilled in performing accurate and dependable biochemical analyses.
To ensure the highest level of quality, we adhere to strict quality control methods and engage in external quality assessment programmes with the greatest accuracy and dependability criteria.
We use a complete approach to biochemical analysis, integrating test results with clinical data to deliver relevant and actionable reports. We prioritise patient well-being and provide a sympathetic and supportive environment throughout the diagnostic process, recognising the influence of medical testing on the patient experience. To learn more about our biochemistry services or to make an appointment, please contact us now. We are here to provide you with great diagnostic assistance and to help your entire health.