At Surya Hospitals, we are aware that maintaining fertility is a major concern for people and couples dealing with a variety of life circumstances. Sperm freezing is one solution we provide to address this issue. Let’s explore the realm of sperm freezing and see how it might assist you in making plans for the future.
What is Sperm Freezing?
Sperm freezing, sometimes referred to as sperm cryopreservation, is the method of storing sperm cells at extremely low temperatures for potential usage in the future. Individuals and couples can keep their ability to conceive even when circumstances change by freezing and preserving sperm. It provides a workable alternative for those who could be receiving medical treatments, intends to put off having children or deal with risks that could affect their fertility.
When is it necessary to freeze sperm?
- Medical Interventions: Chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery are a few medical interventions that may have a negative impact on sperm production or quality. Prior to receiving these therapies, sperm freezing can guarantee the availability of healthy sperm for subsequent reproductive procedures.
- Sperm freezing is frequently used by single people or couples who desire to preserve their fertility for social, familial, or professional reasons. Whether it comes to finding the appropriate relationship, establishing a secure career, or pursuing a higher education, the option of storing sperm gives one peace of mind to have biological children later in life.
- Occupational dangers: Some jobs put workers in danger that can interfere with fertility, like exposure to hazardous substances or high temperatures. People who labour in these conditions can reduce the hazards to their reproductive health by freezing their sperm.
The process of freezing sperm
- You will first have to schedule an initial appointment with one of our qualified fertility doctors for the sperm-freezing procedure. They will go over your medical background, evaluate your fertility, and answer any queries or concerns you may have.
- Semen Sample Collection: A private room will be made available to you during the semen sample collection so that you can perform in order to create a semen sample. We uphold strict secrecy and offer a relaxing atmosphere throughout the process. Alternative techniques can be explored if masturbation is unable to obtain a sample.
- Cryopreservation of Sperm: Following semen sample collection, our laboratory professionals will process and get it ready for cryopreservation. A specific mixture known as a cryoprotectant is added to the sperm to assist save the sperm cells during the freezing and thawing process.
- The processed sample is then separated into smaller vials and put in a controlled-rate freezer for freezing and storage. To reduce cell harm, the temperature is gradually decreased. The vials are placed in a liquid nitrogen tank for long-term storage at extremely low temperatures after being frozen, preserving the sperm’s viability for many years to come.
Benefits of freezing sperm
- Flexibility and Long-Term Planning: Sperm freezing permits people and couples to take charge of their future conception while preserving the opportunity to have biological children later, when the timing is perfect, it gives people the choice to pursue a variety of life goals.
- Peace of Mind: Being aware that your sperm is being conserved and stored carefully gives you peace of mind, especially if you are undergoing medical procedures or are facing other unclear situations that could impact your fertility.
- Increased Success Rates: Frozen sperm can be used for intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) and other fertility therapies like in vitro fertilisation (IVF). The likelihood of successful fertilisation and conception can be considerably boosted by using frozen sperm.
Our devoted team of fertility doctors and skilled embryologists at Surya Hospitals makes sure that the greatest degree of care is provided during the sperm-freezing procedure. To maximise the survivability of your sperm, we have up-to-date lab facilities, stringent quality control procedures, and modern freezing processes.
So, take charge of your fertility today! Make an appointment for a consultation with us right away to get started on ensuring your reproductive future.