Laser Assisted Hatching (LAH)
Laser-Assisted Hatching (LAH) is one of the processes of in vitro fertilisation (IVF) that is used to increase the likelihood of embryo implantation. It entails the exact application of a laser beam to a small hole or opening in the embryo’s zona pellucida (outer shell). LAH makes it easier for the embryo to implant itself into the uterine lining by weakening or breaching this protective barrier.
Surya Hospitals’ Department of Fertility and Preservation offers a safe and efficient method of laser-assisted hatching (LAH) in order to increase the likelihood of successful embryo implantation during IVF.
- You will first go through the traditional IVF procedure, which entails inducing numerous eggs from your ovaries, extracting the eggs, and fertilising the eggs with your partner’s sperm in a lab, before having LAH.
- The embryos are left to develop for a few days after fertilisation until they reach the blastocyst stage.
- At the moment here, the LAH procedure is carried out.
- Our knowledgeable fertility specialists will carefully make a small opening in the zona pellucida of the embryo using a specially developed laser.
- For the embryo, this process causes no discomfort and has no negative effects on its growth. The embryos are carefully watched and chosen for transfer to the uterus after LAH.
Conditions that could call for LAH:
There are some circumstances where laser-assisted hatching may be advised by our fertility experts, including:
- Advanced maternal age for the embryo to naturally hatch.
- Thicker Zona pellucida
- IVF procedures that have previously failed
- Transfers of frozen embryos
How LAH helps
For those undergoing IVF, laser-assisted hatching has various benefits, including:
- Improved embryo implantation
- Increased pregnancy rates
- Lessened chance of miscarriage
Surya Hospitals has a proven track record of achieving successful pregnancies in terms of LAH. These success rates demonstrate the hospital’s dedication to providing superior fertility care and its capacity to consistently produce favourable results for its patients. If our fertility professional advises LAH in your IVF treatment regimen, they will walk you through the appropriate procedures. In order to maximise the procedure’s efficiency, it’s crucial to precisely adhere to these directions. Before the LAH you could be told to:
- Continue using the fertility drugs you have been prescribed.
- Keep yourself hydrated and lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Steer clear of alcohol, coffee, and smoking.
What to Expect and What to Do Next:
The chosen embryos are normally placed into the uterus a few days after the LAH surgery. Your fertility specialist will keep a careful eye on your development and advise you on any follow-up appointments or drugs that may be required. It’s crucial to have regular contact with your fertility expert and address any issues or queries that could come up.
Surya Hospitals prioritise open lines of communication with couples, making sure they are fully informed about their treatment options, procedures, and likely outcomes. Your comfort and well-being during your reproductive journey will be guaranteed by our knowledgeable fertility professionals as they help you through the procedure. To arrange a consultation and start the process of fulfilling your desire to establish a family, get in touch with our department right now.