We at Surya Hospitals, provide sophisticated CT scan services to give precise and thorough imaging for proper diagnosis and treatment planning. Our cutting-edge CT scanners, in conjunction with our expert radiologists, ensure that we give high-quality results and great patient care.
What exactly is a CT Scan?
A CT (Computed Tomography) scan, often known as a CAT scan, is a non-invasive medical imaging method that creates comprehensive cross-sectional images of the body using X-rays and computer technology. These images provide important insights into internal structures, allowing our radiologists to detect and diagnose a variety of medical disorders.
The Benefits of a CT Scan:
- CT scans provide precise images of organs, tissues, and bones, allowing our radiologists to discover anomalies, tumours, and other diseases. Infections, fractures, and other diseases can be diagnosed with excellent accuracy.
- CT scans are a versatile imaging modality since they may be used to evaluate numerous regions of the body, including the Head, Chest, Belly, Pelvic, and extremities.
- CT scans are relatively quick compared to other imaging procedures, reducing patient discomfort and the need for multiple imaging sessions.
- CT scans are non-invasive, which means they do not require any surgical incisions. The patient instead lies on a surface that glides through the scanner, taking photos from various perspectives.
- CT scans are painless, and most patients have no discomfort during the process.
- Our CT scanners use low-dose radiation, which ensures patient safety while retaining outstanding image quality. Our radiology team is cautious to minimize radiation exposure, especially in vulnerable populations.
CT scans are commonly used to diagnose and evaluate a wide range of medical disorders, including:
- CT scans can assist diagnose brain tumours, hemorrhages, infections, and traumatic brain injuries.
- CT angiography is used to evaluate blood vessels and diagnose problems such as pulmonary embolism, aortic aneurysms, and coronary artery disease.
- CT scans provide detailed images of the belly and pelvis, which aid in the identification of kidney stones, liver illness, abdominal masses, and gastrointestinal diseases.
- CT scans can help in the diagnosis of bone fractures, joint injuries, tumours, and spinal problems.
- CT scans are useful for detecting tumours and evaluating the degree of their spread (staging) of cancer throughout the body.
- CT scans are critical in evaluating and diagnosing injuries caused by accidents or trauma, allowing for fast and effective treatment.
Our staff of board-certified radiologists specializes in interpreting CT images and has vast experience in a variety of subspecialties.
We recognise that some individuals may feel anxious or claustrophobic during the CT scan. Throughout the procedure, our personnel is trained to provide assistance and assure your comfort. Our radiology department works together with other specialists to ensure a continuous flow of information for comprehensive patient care.
Make a CT scan Appointment:
Please contact our devoted staff to schedule a CT scan appointment or to learn more about our services. Our helpful team will help you plan a convenient appointment time and will answer any questions you may have.
Whether you need a CT scan for a specific condition or as part of a full health checkup, you can count on us to deliver accurate findings and a pleasant experience. Your health and well-being is our top priority, and we are dedicated to providing you with exceptional care in all aspects of your health.