Your search for global healthcare destination ends here
Over the last few years, India has rapidly grown into a preferred international healthcare tourism hub in Asia. Better metropolitan infrastructure, along with rise of tier 1 and 2 cities have triggered a responsive growth in advancing tourism, business, education, housing and healthcare amenities across the country. Surya Super-Specialty Hospital, awarded Asia’s fastest growing tertiary care hospital chain, and ranked amongst the leader in Pediatric, neonatal and women healthcare has led from the front in enhancing India’s new-found identity as an international healthcare destination.
Our state-of-the art supers-specialty facilities, best-in-class medical experts and nursing staff, with seamless access for overseas patients to avail medical consultations, admissions and follow-up post discharge has gained us trust of patients from various countries, including some high-profile world celebrities amongst hundreds of other world denizens. The fact that this growing international recognition has been largely through word-of-mouth recommendation from first-hand experience, adds further credence to our stature as world class super-specialty in child and women care.
For a hassle-free visit and treatment, it is mandatory that you follow a few crucial steps. This will help you to focus more on your medical treatment rather than spending time on meeting the excessive documentation procedures required to be followed at the time of your treatment.
Planning Your Medical Tourism In India
If you are traveling outside your country for medical reasons for the first time, here are certain pointers to help you plan your journey better.
- Seek advice from your local doctor if you’re fit to travel to another country with your medical condition.
- Once you decide to continue your treatment in Surya Hospital, keep your local doctor informed so that you can continue your follow-up treatment without a hitch.
- Find out about the procedure and treatment options and inquire about follow-up care that will be needed, time needed for recovery, physical therapy, etc.
- Please note that in most cases the final decisions on your treatment will be made only after the doctor meets you and examines you in person.
- A pickup and drop service from and to the airport is provided by Surya Hospital, if requested.
Ensure that these documents are always with you
Be sure to carry multiple copies of the same and keep the originals in a safe place when travelling and staying abroad.
- Records like health histories, MRI's, immunization records, photographs, prescriptions, X-Rays, and any other health records relevant to the surgery. Remember to carry all these medical reports and any medicines in your carry-on luggage.
- Passport and visa: You will need a passport for yourself and your travel companion (if any). Depending upon the country you are traveling from, you may or may not need a visa. For patients getting treated, a medical visa is a must, unless it is an emergency for a travelling tourist.
- Credit cards, debit cards and travelers checks: Bring some local currency, traveler’s checks and one or two major credit cards and/or debit cards.
- Carry your driver's license and make sure it is valid while you're traveling.
- Always keep in mind that you will require a ‘Fit to fly’ certificate from your port of origin.
- It is essential that the patient and his/her relative carry multiple copies of their passport-sized photographs as it will be required to complete various legal formalities.
Plan Your Visit to India
Follow these 4 steps and plan your visit to India: a visit that is well-organized and hassle-free.
Step 1: Know about us and our specialists
Browse through the website to get all the information about our patient services, hospital details, treatment and medical procedures. It will also give opportunity to understand our hospital, our state-of-the-art infrastructure, specialisation and expertise of our doctors and the services we provide. If you need any information apart from this, please feel free to contact us for complete clarifications.
We at Surya Hospital believe in providing the best services to all patients including international patients like you. We have a large team of internationally qualified doctors who treat patients using the latest medical equipments and technology.
‘Our Specialists’ session will intoiduce to you the profile of all of our doctors.
To fix an appointment, we request you to fill in the request information form so that we can refer you to the most appropriate doctor.
Step 2: Consult And Discuss The Treatment Plan
Based on the online consultations, the doctors will suggest you the best line of treatment. Once you have selected the procedure, our patient coordinators will help you with the cost-wise estimate of the procedure.
Step 3: Organize Your Travel & Admissions
Organize your Travel
- On confirming the treatment with our hospital, please send the scanned copies of your passport to us.
- On receiving the passport copies, our coordinator will issue a visa assistance letter for the patient and the attendant to visit India on medical visa.
- Once you have our visa assistance letter along with the other formalities of the visa of your respective country, the Indian embassy would grant you the visa.
- Book your tickets and send us the scanned copy of your tickets to confirm your arrival date and time.
- On confirmation, our coordinators will book rooms, OT etc. as per the procedures.
- On arrival at the airport, the patient and the attendant would be assisted and escorted to the hospital by our representative.
- Be rest assured, you will be provided the best medical treatment.
- Once you arrive in India, our relationship executives will assist you in organizing your admission. On the basis of the selected package, you will be guided to your pre-booked facility.
- You will be required to produce your passport at the registration counter to get registered at our hospital. The hospital will maintain a copy of your passport (photo page and visa page) in the hospital record. This is a mandatory requirement and is based on the directives from the Government of India.
- As an international patient, you are expected to register yourself at the ‘Foreigner Regional Registration Offices’. Our executives will be more than happy to help you to complete this formality.
Step 4: Surgery & Post Operative Care
- Visas and customs – Each country has its own visa and custom regulations. It is the responsibility of the patient and attendants to adhere to the protocols.
- Ground transportation – We also provide assistance in finding a shuttle, hiring a car, or choosing any other mode of transportation within the city.
- Please do see to it that you bring your entire file of previous medical records, so that it becomes easier for our doctors to understand your previous medical treatments.
- It would also be good if you could bring across a covering letter from your referral doctor, with he/she explaining your medical aliments and the list of medications.
- Carry your driver's license or any valid proof of identity and make sure it remains valid while you're traveling
Post Operative Care
Surya Hospital believes in providing holistic care. So once the patient is discharged and shifted back to the guest house/hotel or directly to the airport, our representative will take care of the post-procedure follow-up via e-mail/phone/video conferencing.
Patient Care Coordinator
At Surya Hospital, our international medical coordinators are amongst some of the most experienced, proficient, and well-mannered personnel, who are experts in handling cases from nearly all the countries in the world. They are at your service to provide to you all information related to medical tourism in India and medical treatments and services provided in Surya Hospital.
For any queries, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com