We take care of children and youth with diseases of kidney and the urinary tract. The department here provides tertiary care facilities to such children and comprises of a teamwork which includes a pediatric nephrologist, pediatric and neonatal intensivist, pediatric surgeon, renal dietician and a medical social worker. Acute procedures done are percutaneous peritoneal dialysis catheter placement and hemodialysis catheter placement. The common renal problems that are treated are:
- CAKUT (Congenital Anomalies of Kidney & Urinary Tract) – obstructive uropathies, Vesico-ureteric Reflux, dysplastic & hypoplastic kidneys.
- Nephrotic syndrome (various types-Primary/Secondaries)
- Different types of glomerulonephritis
- Tubular disorders like renal tubular acidosis etc.
- Genetic diseases like Bartters syndrome etc.
- Hypertension management.
- Conservative and dialytic management of AKI (Acute Kidney Injury) and CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease)