- PAEDIATRIC & PREVENTIVE DENTIST CERTIFICATE IN PAEDIATRIC OROFACIAL GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Area of Expertise:
- Full mouth dental rehabilitation
- Myofunctional Orthodontics
- Orofacial Growth and Development
- Paediatric root canals, fillings, extractions as well as the management of pediatric oro-facial trauma management of special children
CONSULTANT PAEDIATRIC & PREVENTIVE DENTIST
He completed his MDS in Pediatric & Preventive Dentist focused in Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry from College of Dental Science's, Davangere, Karnataka
- He treats following conditions in children
- Infant oral health exams, which include risk assessment for caries in mother and child
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
- Habit counselling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulae, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth) Furthermore, he professes a particular interest in the use of habit breaking and growth modification appliances in children. His core strengths also include the management of children with special needs.
- Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, he cares deeply for the well-being of his young patients; a quality that bestows upon him the ability to treat them ethically and with empathy."
- He is an active member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the Indian Society of Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry.