BDS, MDS, CDR, PAEDIATRIC & PREVENTIVE DENTIST CERTIFICATE IN PAEDIATRIC OROFACIAL GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Area of Expertise: Full mouth dental rehabilitation, Myofunctional Orthodontics, Orofacial Growth and Development, Paediatric root canals, fillings, extractions as well as the management of pediatric oro-facial trauma management of special children
CONSULTANT PAEDIATRIC & PREVENTIVE DENTIST
He completed his MDS in Pediatric & Preventive Dentist focused in Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry from College of Dental Science's, Davangere, Karnataka
- He treats following conditions in children
- Infant oral health exams, which include risk assessment for caries in mother and child
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
- Habit counselling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulae, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth) Furthermore, he professes a particular interest in the use of habit breaking and growth modification appliances in children. His core strengths also include the management of children with special needs.
- Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, he cares deeply for the well-being of his young patients; a quality that bestows upon him the ability to treat them ethically and with empathy."
He is an active member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the Indian Society of Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry.