- DM (Neurology)
- Fellowship in paediatric Neurology Epilepsy, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK
Area of Expertise:
- Complex Paediatric Epilepsy, Epilepsy Surgery, Paediatric Neurometabolic diseases, Neuromuscular disease & Adult Neurology.
- Dr. Patil has received extensive training in the field Of Neurology at Mumbai and London. He is one of the few super-specialists in India With expertise in Adult and Paediatric Neurology. He completed the Adult Neurology Training at Grant Medical College, Mumbai following which he proceeded to specialise in Paediatric Neurology and Epilepsy at London, UK. He worked as a Consultant in Paediatric Neurology at the prestigious Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children prior to his return to India.
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children is a Quaternary level institute in the UK for the field of Neurology and Epilepsy with facilities for Epilepsy surgery, different modalities for the management of epilepsy such as ketogenic diet and vagal nerve stimulation. During his time in London, he was involved in setting up various research projects in status epilepticus culminating within eminent journals such as Epilepsia and Brain.
- He is the first trainee from India to be offered the fellowship programme in Epilepsy & Neurology at the Great Street Hospital for Children.
- He has multiple publications in various international journals supporting the clinical work and research done in London.
- He brings years of training and practice to Surya Hospitals, with an aim to build a comprehensive Neurosciences department at Surya Hospitals offering services in the field of Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neurophysiology, Neurogenetics and offer an excellent rehabilitation programme.
Mon, Wed & Fri : 4pm - 6pm