- MD (PAEDIATRICS-USAIM)
- FELLOWSHIP IN DEVELOPMENTAL PAEDIATRICS FROM NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Area of Expertise:
- Autism, Learning Disabilities, Behavioural Problems in Children, Attention Deficit Disorders Diagnosis and Treatment, Cerebral Palsy, diagnosis of milestone delay (developmental delay) & assessment of high risk neonates.
CONSULTANT PEDIATRIC DEVELOPMENT
- Dr Rajeshwari brings with her more than a decade of experience in assessing and formulating intervention programs of children with learning disorders. She is a specialist in dealing with Autism, Learning Disabilities, Behavioural Problems in Children, Attention Deficit Disorders Diagnosis and Treatment, Cerebral Palsy, diagnosis of milestone delay (developmental delay) & assessment of high risk neonates.
- After her postgraduate training in Pediatrics, she worked at Ummeed Child Development center. She subsequently was awarded the Rotarian Ambassadorial Scholarship to train abroad in the field of Developmental Paediatrics. She worked in the Port Royale Hospital Paris, France with Dr Amiel Tison, who has done pioneering work in the field of neurodevelopmental assessments in infants. She was a fellow in the National University Hospital Singapore in the developmental Paediatrics Unit with Dr Rosebeth Marcou.
- Her experience in this field is vast, as she was a consultant in the state government approved centre for diagnosis if learning disabilities in Maharashtra, the Sion hospital Learning disability clinic .She also conducts training lectures for special educators at SNDT University. She conducts medical and neurodevelopmental assessments for each child referred to the clinic to determine the need for testing using psychoeducational measures. She also uses developmental testing measures to detect Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Depending on the outcome of various neurodevelopmental assessment tests, she also recommends any additional testing and intervention that the child may need e.g. occupational therapy, speech therapy, psychiatry and counselling services.
- Dr Rajeshwari is clinically certified to administer the ADOS [Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule]. She also administers a wide range of developmental assessment tools including the PREP which help delineate a child’s neurodevelopment profile. With the help of these objective assessment tools, she formulates suitable intervention goals for children.