MBBS, MS (ORTHOPAEDICS), M.Ch, FRCS
Area of Expertise: Cerebral palsy, Paediatric spine, Paediatric hip disease, Congenital paediatric problems
PAEDIATRIC ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON
Dr Atul Bhaskar, one of the prominent Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon in India has graduated from Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai. After doing his M.S (Orth) from K.E.M. Hospital, he pursued further training in the United Kingdom. He was on the “Yorkshire Orthopaedic Training Program” and obtained his orthopaedic fellowship, FRCS (Orth) and Surgical fellowship, FRCS (Glasgow) degrees. He has received the M.Ch Orth form Liverpool. He has completed a dedicated Paediatric Orthopaedic Fellowship at the world renowned “Hospital for Sick Children” in Toronto.
He has also received training in Cerebral Palsy Management from Gillette’s Children Hospital, USA. He has a strong academic and research interest in Paediatric Orthopaedics His special interest also involves minimal access surgery in paediatrics. He treats following conditions in children
- Treatment of clubfoot: primary and relapse cases.
- Comprehensive fracture treatment in children: acute and delayed presentation of
- children fractures.
- Expertise in botox injection and percs (aponeurotic muscle slide) surgery in
- cerebral palsy.
- Management of congenital hip dislocaiton (CDH).
- Management of metabolic bone diseases and osteogenesis imperfecta.
- Limb lengthening.
- Deformity correction using external fixator.
- Management of acute and chronic osteomyelitis.
- Treatment of septic arthritis.
- Paediatric spine and scoliosis.
- Treatment of duchennes muscle dystrophy (dmd) with stem cell treatment in children (in collaboration with neurogen) and surgical releases.
- Children sports injuries.
Dr Bhaskar has done pioneering work in conservative treatment of clubfoot and its relapse following the Ponseti technique. He is one of the few authors to have published the results of clubfeet treatment in India. He has one of the largest series of clubfoot in the country and has also analyzed the relapse pattern in clubfeet following the Ponseti technique. He has participated as faculty in Ponseti training programs in India and abroad.
He is part of a dedicated team on “Comprehensive Cerebral Palsy Care Program” at the Child Development Centre (CDC) and specializes in Botulinum Toxin Injections, PERCS (Percutaneous Aponeurotic Surgery), Multi-Level surgery and Deformity correction. He is a recipient of several international scholarships: Scoliosis Research Society, American Society of Cerebral Palsy, European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society, and International Paediatric Orthopaedic Symposium by POSNA.