DCH, DNB, FPN (FELLOWSHIP IN PAEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY)
Area of Expertise: CRRT/ Haemodialysis, Peritoneal dialysis, Tubular diseases, Chronic renal failure
PEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGIST & RENAL TRANSPLANT PHYSICIAN
He has carried out 90 plasmapheresis, over 300 hemodialysis, 26 SLED (CRRT), 16 Hemodialysis and 36 peritoneal dialysis catheter insertion, over 200 intermittent peritoneal dialysis and 25 USG guided kidney biopsy so far at various hospitals. I have managed fluid and electrolytes in post cardiac surgery and malignancy related renal failure in children also. He has experience in managing patients with chronic renal failure. So far done 4 live related pediatric renal transplants. He has been instrumental in setting up the hemodialysis unit at Surya Child Care, Santacruz.
Area of specialty:
- Antenatal renal anomaly and Urinary tract infection
- Difficult Nephrotic syndrome
- Hematuria and pediatric kidney stone management
- Acute Glomerulonephritis
- Management of acute renal failure including CRRT (hemodialysis) in children.
- Difficult Fluid and electrolyte management e.g. post cardiac surgery patients, tubular diseases.
- Peritoneal and hemodialysis catheter insertion; kidney biopsy (USG guided) in neonates also.
- Management of chronic renal failure in children.
- Chronic Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
- Pediatric Renal transplant management.
Registered as a teacher for Fellowship in Pediatric Nephrology recognized by MUHS in 2015.
Teacher for Fellowship in Pediatric Nephrology recognized by Maharashtra University of Health Science (MUHS); 2015.
Founder member of Kidney Foundation for Children, Mumbai 2015.