Children are not just small adults. As growing individuals they have special needs related to growth and development. In addition, their psychological needs are different from those of adults. Hormone problems affecting growth or sexual development can have significant effects on a child’s physical and emotional well-being. Pediatric endocrinologists are sensitive to these issues.
Our Pediatric endocrinologist department cares for your child in a setting that is appropriate for children and teens. Support personnel, including nurses, psychologists, Pediatric diabetes educators, and nutritionists, are all attuned to the needs of children and teens.
Children with special needs require that Pediatric endocrinologists work closely with primary care Pediatricians to provide coordinated and comprehensive care. Pediatric endocrinologists have extensive training and expertise in dealing with children and in treating children with endocrine disorders and hormonal problems.
The department of Pediatric endocrinology at Surya hospital ensures that your child will receive the best possible care under expert guidance of our highly experience team of Pediatric endocrinologist.
Pediatric endocrinologists diagnose, treat, and manage hormonal disorders including the following:
- Growth problems, such as short stature
- Early or delayed puberty
- Enlarged thyroid gland (goiter)
- Underactive or overactive thyroid gland
- Pituitary gland hypo/hyper function
- Adrenal gland hypo/hyper function
- Ambiguous genitals/intersex
- Ovarian and testicular dysfunction
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Problems with Vitamin D (rickets, hypocalcemia)