Surya Hospitals’ Pediatric Dentistry works with patients ranging in age from birth to adolescence. By being an age-specific specialty, pediatric dentistry encompasses behavior management of children, supervision of orofacial growth and development and prevention of oral diseases with the best pediatric dentists in Mumbai and Pune.
It includes all the:
- Preventive and restorative procedures for most commonly occurring oral condition “Dental Caries”, commonly referred to as tooth cavities in children.
- Interceptive procedures for correction of thumb sucking, tongue thrusting and lip biting habits in children which can lead to malalignment of teeth or jaws at later age.
- Procedures aimed at restoring fractured or broken tooth due to dental trauma (accidental teeth Injuries) in children.
- Correction of poor alignment of developing teeth with orthodontic appliances (Removable or fixed) is also undertaken.
- It focuses on the management of children with special health care needs and physically and mentally challenged children under sedation or general anaesthesia in a hospital set up. It deals with dental management of conditions like Cleft lip and palate seen in neonates.
Our pediatric dentistry service also involves parental counselling regarding home oral hygiene practices and diet counselling for the overall general well-being of a child.
BDS, MDS IN PAEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
Senior Consultant Pediatric Dentistry
Saturday - 3.00 pm - 4.00 pm
B.D.S, M.D.S in Pediatric Dentistry
Consultant Pediatric Dentistry
Mon -Sat: 10 AM - 5 PM